It's the dead middle of winter and I don't know about you, but I definitely see a bit of 'winter blues' being spread around. It's sometimes hard not to get in a funk when the weather is cold, snowy and gloomy. Summer seems years and years away and sometimes we just get in a funk. Today I'm sharing with you 5 of my tips to help you beat those winter blues and finish out winter in a great mood!
1. Don't Skip Your Workouts. It is so easy to say you don't want to go to spin class or the gym because of the snow or because it's just too damn cold. Well, go! Afterwards you'll feel great and it'll be worth the 5 seconds in the cold.
2. Indulge In A New Book. I feel that in today's society we'd rather binge watch a show instead of fly through a book. This needs to change. Download a new book you've been wanting to read and get cozied up by the fire or with a cup of tea and just read.
3. Schedule A Warm Trip. This is the perfect time to plan out spring break or a trip in May. Book those tickets and start up an inspiration board on Pinterest. If you can't afford a trip this year, make a summer bucket list of what you wish to achieve this summer!
4. Hydrate Your Skincare Routine. This time of year our skin can get really dry which is the perfect reason to head to the mall and pick up some new moisturizing masks and moisturizers!
5. Enjoy Winter. I know this one can be a bit of a stretch, but try to enjoy the gorgeous white covered streets and trees. Do a few winter activities like ice skating or skiing before the season is over!
Be sure to leave your tips for beating the winter blues in the comments below!