We all have extremely busy schedules. We are trying to juggle work, school, social lives, and some of yall might even have kids. Life is hectic and today I'm sharing with you my top tips on how you can make the time to workout. Taking the time for yourself is so important whether it be in the morning, afternoon, or evening. It is not only good or your physical health but your mental health as well. Here are my top five tips on how to make time to workout when you feel like you don't have any time at all!
1. Plan It Out. My favorite thing to do on a Sunday is to sit down with my planner and all my different colored pens and plan out my week. I plan everything from my work schedule, my blog schedule, and my fitness schedule. Make a section in your planner that is dedicated to your workouts. When you schedule everything out, you already have the time set aside so you are less likely to cancel on yourself.
2. Set Your Alarm A Little Early. I follow Tone It Up and one of their recommendations is to fit in a 'booty call' every single day. They want you to do it first thing in the morning and for a lot of us that means we would have to get up a little earlier then normal. Go ahead and set your alarm 45 mins early to make sure you get a good sweat sesh in before work!
3. Take Advantage Of Your Lunch Break. Cut up your lunch break and you can get a little physical activity in! Take half an hour to take a walk outside or run the stairs in your building! After you get your heart rate up you'll feel so much better and you'll be ready for lunch!
4. Make It A Date. Grab some friends together for a Saturday morning volleyball game or bike ride! If your friends are depending on you, you can't cancel!
5. Workout While You Watch TV. I feel like this tip has been around forever and everyone rolls their eyes when they hear it. But think about it, if you are watching one episode of Friends, that is half an hour. During that half an hour you could also be doing squats, lunges, curls, & situps all while screaming at Ross for cheating on Rachel (spoiler alert!). Your favorite episode while keep your mind busy while you are being productive and keeping your heart healthy!
Let me know in the comments how you make time to workout with your busy schedules!
LETS BE FRIENDS: